Thursday, January 30, 2014

January Disneyland Trip

We are fresh back from our first trip of 2014 to Disneyland.  We became first time annual pass holders at the end of November 2013.  Our goal is to go at least one day a month in 2014 except for July when we are blocked out the entire month and August when it's just way to crowded and hot to go.  This trip was our 4th and 5th day with our annual pass.  It's well already paid for itself. 

This month we were celebrating my husband's birthday, so of course we made sure to stop by a store and get a "Birthday" button for him and a "I'm Celebrating" button for Gabriel and I.  Those of you that know my husband will know how thrilled he was to have everyone talk to him all day.  ;-)  (Is there a sarcastic font?)  I always make sure to label the buttons on the back after our trip with the date and celebration.

I checked off one of the Disney snacks I had been wanting to try, Bacon Wrapped Asparagus at Bengal Barbecue in Adventureland.  Jason had a beef skewer and together the cost was around $7.00.  A delicious, filling snack for a good price.  For dinner one night we ate at my favorite restaurant, The Plaza Inn.  We first picked up a corn dog and apples slices for Gabriel outside at The Little Red Wagon.  We took that inside and Jason and I each had pot roast.  It was so good, and we love the atmosphere of the restaurant.  We like to take a good long rest there to get Gabriel re-energized. 

We also hit Tom Sawyer's Island.  I had never been and Jason really wanted to take Gabriel out there.  It's really cool and has lots of places to explore and climb.  We all enjoyed it.  I wish you could watch the fire works from the island!

Disneyland Bucket List Item!!
This trip we checked off a bucket list item, which was getting Gabriel selected as The Rebel Spy on Star Tours.  Those of you who have ridden the ride know that at the beginning they show a guest as The Rebel Spy and put their picture up on the screen.  It's totally cool.  It's random as far as I can tell.  We were in the last row when Gabriel was chosen, but I was there once and a women in the front row was The Rebel Spy.  

Tips for getting chosen as The Rebel Spy:
  • Get in your seat and buckled quickly.
  • Don't put your glasses on until instructed.
  • Look straight ahead.  They will be taking a picture of you to use, guests they can see clearly have a better chance.
Last time we were at Disneyland we saw a pin that said "I'm The Rebel Spy."  I thought that would be so cool to buy to commemorate the occasion.  Well of course, wouldn't you know it, it was NO
WHERE to be found this trip.  I mean I had the nicest lady at California Adventure check with every store in both parks and nothing.  BUT, I did get this little bit of magic.  Has anyone ever seen one of these?  I haven't.  It entitles the bearer to priority entrance to an attraction, a soda or water, popcorn, ice cream, small plush or other.  As you can see, Elena at CA AD filled in Rebel Spy Pin.  So if I can find it in the next month, it will be free!  How cool is that?  Y'all know I love a coupon.  ;-)

STEPS THIS TRIP:  8586

Stay tuned for my next post where I talk all about new tips we learned!  And if you liked this post, you MUST read my Disneyland Tips.  It's full of useful information.


No comments:

Post a Comment