Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 1 of My 60 Day Home Organizational Challenge

I have been inspired by posts I've seen on pinterest to de-clutter/organize my home.  Also my friend, Louanne, completed a 31 day organizational challenge that I just thought was great!  So I've created my own list of about 35 very specific areas of my home I want to organize.  I am a very busy lady, so I adapted the challenge to 60 days for me.  I will either take 2 days on each task or do one task every other day.

The three of us live in a charming, older home in the historic downtown area.  Read: the three of us live in a small, older home with even smaller bedrooms a few blocks from downtown.  I think we're just over 1100 square feet.  Recently, my mom and I cleaned out my closet.  Success = the HUGE garbage bag of clothes I got rid of.  Seeing all those clothes leave made me feel so good, I wanted it to spread to the rest of the house.  I sometimes feel like my little house is swallowing us all, this causes undo stress in my life.  Hence, the challenge.

My first area:  The top/outside of my built in hutch. 
As you can see, plenty of clutter.  Clothes waiting to go down to storage in the basement, old artwork, yes a turkey from Thanksgiving, and a ton of other items.
Here is the before...

and after...

Don't know what I'll tackle tomorrow, but I can't wait!


4 comments:

  1. Baby steps! It looks awesome! I'm going to try to re-organize my house. It's totally closing in on us too. . .
    I'm doing the 12 month purge. I don't want to rush anything! lol! Hopefully some of your motivation will rub off on me! I could sure use some!
    I just started selling stuff on Ebay- and I'm amazed that the "stuff" I'd normally donate- will actually bring in a little bit of money. Something is always better than nothing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. actually- maybe my "something is always better than nothing" is why my house is so cluttered! lol! Might have to re-think that comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Guys!! I need to learn to sell on Ebay as well! I have lots to sell. I am boxing stuff up for a garage sale.

    ReplyDelete