Sunday, April 22, 2012

Day 4 Of My 60 Day Home Organizational Challenge

This has been making me feel so much better!  Even though my house seems to be getting messier as I clean (you know like when you clean out your closet) I am feeling great with the progress and the purging.  Every task that I take on I think, "this won't be so hard."  And every time I'm wrong.  Today I decided to tackle my purse cubby.  You guys know that I am quite the purse collector or snob, whichever you prefer to call me.     ;-)  I consider my purses a collection and enjoy having them on display where I can see them and choose which one I'm going to wear that day.  Yes, you say "wear" not "carry."  Well I did this for awhile, but they were getting dusty.  So I decided until we move into a home with newer windows and thus less dust, back in the dust bags they were going.  Here is a before picture of my purse cubby.


Sorry for the bright lighting.  As you can see, more magazines, some clutter and all of my purses.  Well I had no idea what I was in for.

First I took all of my purses out and totally emptied the contents into a pile on the floor.




I found no less than 10 lip glosses, $5.00 in small bills and change, $13.00 in misc. gift cards, a beautiful compact, a large stack of my business cards, and a huge amount of receipts that dated as far back as 2007!

Here is the after picture.

I stuffed all of my purses with tissue paper so that they would maintain their shape.  I then put the ones I could into dust bags.  I need to order or simply make a few more for the 3 that don't have bags.

I also took this opportunity to vacuum the mini blinds behind the cubby which REALLY needed it.

This area is just to the right of my desk, so now that entire section of the house is reorganized and done!  It's so nice to look at.

4 comments: