Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekly Couponing Trip(s)

For those of you that live under a rock, I coupon.  Yeah.  Not like that little save $10 a week stuff either.  My totals for January and February 2012 were as follows:
Total Retail Value:  $3,261.11  For which I spent a grand total of:  $354.14!!!  I got skills baby!  Skills!

I used to post my shopping trips regularly on facebook, but haven't been doing so recently. You can see some of my shopping trips here.  Now that I have my newly formed personal blog, I can give you a little bit more detail about how I do this "strategic" shopping.  (As I am not crazy)  ;-)

Sunday I did my usual gathering of my coupons from the community.  No, I don't pay for papers, I have a hook up.  You know I have a hook up for everything.  ;-)  Then I went to Rite Aid and CVS and picked up just a few things.  Here is what I got.

















At Rite Aid I purchased:
2 Samy Fat Hair Sprays with free travel size attached.
(**couponer's tip - always look for the free extra item or items with coupons on them.)
6 pack of Top Ramen,
4 Veet Hair Removal Strips,
and 2 purse packs of tissue that I needed for overage.

At CVS I purchased:
1 Blink Eye Drops and
1 Dream Water (sleep aid)

Total retail for both stores would have been $68.09.  I paid only $3.30.  But it gets better.  I also came home with $16.00 in Extra Bucks/Up Rewards.  ($$ that can be spent at each specific store.)  Not too great, but it's been really slow the past 6 weeks, so I was happy with this.

Monday I decided to hit Wal-Mart.  Most couponers hate WM.  Too many reasons to list.  But I had some good Qs that I wanted to use, so off I went.  I was pretty disappointed.  One of the main things on my list, 6 free boxes of whole grain pasta, was totally out of stock.  Damn couponers.  ;-)  Here is what I managed to buy.

6 cans of wet dog food
5 cans of wet cat food, (for my mom)
6 boxes of fly paper and a fly swatter
Honey
Bird's Eye Skillet meal.

Full retail would have been $30.04.  I paid only $5.16!!

Since I was right there I decided to go to CVS again and get some more deals, and spend my Extra Bucks I earned the day before.  (I needed some Qs that my mom and sisters printed for me or I would have done these deals on Sunday.)


Here is what I got at CVS.

1 dz eggs
2 cans of Progresso soup
2 Physicians Formula mascara
2 Zingers (for Jason - I promise!)
beef jerky and pop corn -
okay that's for me
Blink eye drops
6 greeting cards
Velveeta Cheesy Skillets
2 Carmax lip balm
and a Revlon nail clipper.









Full retail would have been $56.37.  I used the Extra Bucks I earned from Sunday and paid only $7.66.  I also came home with another $3.00 in Extra Bucks.  ;-)

Overall retail total for both days is $154.50.  I paid only $16.12, with $8.00 in Extra Bucks/Up Rewards remaining.  Better yet, Gabriel and I are taking our recycling in tomorrow, and I know we have at least $6.00 worth of recycling.  With the recycling and the Extra Bucks I have left, it will be like paying $2.00 for over $150.00 worth of product!!  And if I have $8.00 worth of recycling, it will all be FREE.  FREE is always good.  ;-)


1 comment: