Thursday, April 19, 2012

Day 2 of My 60 Day Home Organizational Challenge

As you may notice, there is a week between this post and my last one.  I'm starting to realize that this challenge might take me more than 2 months, but it's making me feel so good already that I'm fine with that.

I was trying for an easy task to check off my list, but this one ended up taking longer than I thought it would.  I decided to tackle my desk.  As I have an at home business, this is a legit work space that I need to keep organized.  I think you can see by the before pictures, I haven't been doing so.  
One of the things I'm trying to accomplish is less clutter and less things in general.  So I've been taking down/moving things that just didn't make sense.  I've kind of treated my desk area as a huge bulletin board like I was a teenager.  I didn't like it.

This area also includes Gabriel's school desk, which has been unusable for about a week as I took it over with my coupons .

After MUCH clipping of coupons, filing, and recycling, here are the after pictures.
Ah... that's better.  Now I can work and I know where everything is.



I also was able to clear off Gabriel's desk.  I always want him to have a dedicated work space. Thanks Cindy for this beautiful desk!



Tomorrow I think I'm going to go for either under my desk, or my purse cubby that is just to the right of my desk.  Yes, you read correctly, I have a purse cubby.  ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome, hon! Big improvement! You might inspire me.

    ReplyDelete